We follow Jesus’ early ministry in the weeks of Ordinary Time between Christmastide and the beginning of Lent. In Year B, we begin in John’s Gospel when Andrew and Peter follow Jesus along with the disciples of John the Baptist (2nd Sunday). After that, we follow Jesus through Mark’s Gospel as he begins his preaching and calls the disciples.
We want to help you sing the responsorial psalms through these early weeks of Ordinary Time, Year B, as we follow this beautiful thread of Jesus’ early teaching.
Try these accessible, contemporary settings – each one includes a free melody line PDF and MP3 audio: (click links below)
- 2nd Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “Here I am, Lord! I come to do your will.” (Psalm 39)
- 3rd Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “Lord, make me know your ways.” (Psalm 24)
- 4th Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “O that today you would listen to his voice!” (Psalm 70)
- 5th Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “Praise the Lord who heals the broken-hearted.” (Psalm 146)
- 6th Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “You are my refuge, O Lord.” (Psalm 31)
- 7th Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “Heal my soul for I have sinned against you.” (Psalm 40)
- 8th Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “The Lord is compassion and love.” (Psalm 102)
- 9th Sunday in OT, Year B ~ “Go out to the whole world and proclaim the Good News.” (Psalm 116)
Singing these responsorial psalms offers a wonderful reflection on these rich – and often challenging – teachings of Jesus.
If this resource is useful, please LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT below…