In this episode Jo Boyce is back with author, speaker and catechist David Wells to reflect on our longing for light in the darkness.
In many ways, celebrating Advent and Christmas during a pandemic has made themes of hope and longing feel more relevant that ever.
As Jo and David share their reflections, we hope you will be encouraged to hold firm to faith in the present as we look forward to a brighter time in the future.
- The continued effects of “pandemic fatigue” and the importance of light in the darkness
- Looking to the light in the midst of fear
- Lessons we’ve learned from the pandemic and quarantine
- Experiences of living through a worldwide event
- Learning to surrender
- The need to support each other and unite through our faith
- How God leads us through the darkness
The songs featured in this episode include:
- Light of the World by Lauren Daigle
- We Have Seen the Light from The Promise
- Let Nothing Trouble You from Age to Age: Songs for a Pilgrim People
- Hail Mary from The Promise
- Lead Kindly Light from Lead Kindly Light EP
Links and Resources
Here are some useful links to the resources and songs mentioned in this episode:
- Parish Music Collective 6 Month Programme: Find out how you can keep the light of music and liturgy alive in your parishes https://www.cjmmusic.com/joinpmmc
- Life as a Socially Distanced Disciple ~ In Conversation with David Wells was the first podcast David & Jo recorded together, referenced in the beginning of this episode.
We would love to hear from you
If you’ve got a comment, question or reflection of your own to share for a future episode please leave us a voicemail by calling 01675 466 015 or visit our podcast question page.
If you’d like to hear future podcasts, please subscribe. Also, if you have a moment, please rate our podcast on iTunes and write a brief review.
If you know someone who’d enjoy this episode, then please LIKE and SHARE, and we’d love to hear from you in the comments below…