The weeks of Ordinary Time between Christmastide and the beginning of Lent are all about Jesus’ early ministry. In Year A, after John the Baptist’s declaration that Jesus is the “Chosen One of God” (2nd Sunday), we follow Jesus through Matthew’s Gospel as he begins his preaching.
The responsorial psalms in these early weeks of Ordinary Time, Year A, follow this wonderful thread of Jesus’ early teaching and Galilee, up to the Sermon on the Mount.
Try these accessible, contemporary settings for Year A: (click links below)
- 2nd Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “Here I am, Lord! I come to do your will.” (Psalm 39)
- 3rd Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “The Lord is my light and my help.” (Psalm 26)
- 4th Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “How happy are the poor in spirit: theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” (Psalm 145)
- 5th Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “The good man is a light in the darkness for the upright.” (Psalm 111)
- 6th Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “They are happy who follow God’ law.” (Psalm 118)
- 7th Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “The Lord is compassion and Love” (Psalm 102)
- 8th Sunday in OT, Year A ~ “In God alone in my soul at rest ” (Psalm 61)
Singing these responsorial psalms offers a beautiful reflection on these rich – and often challenging – teachings of Jesus.
If this resource is useful, please LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT below…