Celebrating the Mass & Exploring the Revised Translation
The key to a good celebration of liturgy in School or Parish is “full, active and conscious participation”. With the introduction of new Mass texts imminent we have a unique opportunity to gain new insights into ‘how the liturgy works’ and discover new resources and Mass Settings which will help lift the texts off the page.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone involved or interested in Liturgy – particulary those who have responsibility for planning and preparing liturgies within the context of a Catholic school.
In this course we introduce music and liturgy ideas to help schools and parishes get the most from their liturgical celebrations, highlighting the changes likely when the revised translation of texts used in the Mass are introduced. We also attempt to explore the Mystery of the Eucharist and at the same time de-mystify some of the concepts which shouldn’t be mysterious!
DELEGATES WILL LEARN:
- New songs suitable for use in the liturgy
- A New Mass setting using the newly translated Mass texts
- The background which has led up to the new translation of the Roman Missal being introduced.
- What impact the new translation might have on your existing musical repertoire.
- Ideas to foster “full, conscious and active participation”
- How the new translation might be implemented in the coming months.
Twilight course £60 per delegate
early booking discounts and other offers available
DATES (4:30pm – 8:00pm)
Wednesday 22 June – Houghton-le-Spring, DH5 8NF
Monday 27 June – Leicester, LE5 6HN
Download: Houghton PDF Booking Form
Download: Leicester PDF Booking Form