The weeks of Ordinary Time between Christmastide and the beginning of Lent are all about Jesus’ early ministry. In Year C, after John’s Gospel recounts Jesus turning water to wine at the wedding in Cana (2nd Sunday), we follow Jesus through Luke’s Gospel as he begins his preaching and calls the disciples.
As ever, we want to help you sing the responsorial psalms through these early weeks of Ordinary Time, Year C, as we follow this wonderful thread of Jesus’ early teaching.
Try these accessible, contemporary settings – each one includes a free melody line PDF and MP3 audio: (click links below)
- 2nd Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “Proclaim the wonders of the Lord among all the peoples.” (Psalm 95)
- 3rd Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “Your words are spirit, Lord, and they are life.” (Psalm 18)
- 4th Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “My lips will tell of your help.” (Psalm 70)
- 5th Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “Before the angels I will bless you, O Lord.” (Psalm 137)
- 6th Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “Happy the one who has placed his trust in the Lord.” (Psalm 1)
- 7th Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “The Lord is compassion and love.” (Psalm 102)
- 8th Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “It is good to give thanks to the Lord.” (Psalm 91)
- 9th Sunday in OT, Year C ~ “Go out to the whole world and proclaim the Good News.” (Psalm 116)
Singing these responsorial psalms offers a beautiful reflection on these rich – and often challenging – teaching of Jesus.
If this resource is useful, please LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT below…