In this episode Jo Boyce is in conversation with John Griffin, one of the founders and organisers of the Embrace Youth Conference in Liverpool. John shares how a simple vision of having a youth Mass, led to an one-day event that attracts close to 2000 young people.
Having studied at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts, John has since followed God’s call into some unexpected places and roles. We hope this conversation with John gives you encouragement and inspiration to take small steps into big visions.
- Jo answers this week’s Liturgy Question from Laura about suggestions for ‘Offertory songs‘.
- John talks about the idea and vision that led to Embrace becoming a reality
- Discovering the role of Lay Chaplain through organising the first Embrace event.
- How God sometime leads you to unexpected places.
- Details of this year’s Embrace Conference at www.embrace-liverpool.org.uk
- Upcoming Prepare the Way Advent Concert dates
The Offertory songs mentioned (or played*) in this episode:
- The Table – by Chris Tomlin
- I Give Myself Away – by William McDowell
- Blessed are You – by Mike Stanley
- Now This Offering* – by Jo Boyce
- Source of Life – by Mike Stanley
- Take My Life – from How Can We Keep from Singing? Vol. 3
- These Alone Are Enough* – By Dan Schutte
Songs featured during our conversation with John:
- The Embrace Anthem
- We Are Called To Serve – from How Can We Keep from Singing? Vol. 2
- In God Alone the title song from Jo Boyce’s first solo EP
We would love to hear from you
If you’d like to hear future podcasts, please subscribe. Also, if you have a moment, please rate our podcast on iTunes and write a brief review.
If you know someone who’d enjoy this episode, then please LIKE and SHARE, and we’d love to hear from you in the comments below…