In this special episode Jo Boyce revisits the service that was broadcast live on BBC Radio 4’s Sunday Worship, on the morning of the beatification of Cardinal John Henry Newman.
On Sunday 13th October, Blessed John Henry Newman will be canonised and become the first recognised English saint in close to 300 years. So it’s a perfect time to revisit the unforgettable day of his beatification in 2010.
The service is structured around four key themes: The Word, the Eucharist, Mary and Vocation. Presented by Bernadette Kearney, it features reflections and the prayers inspired by some of the writings of Cardinal John Henry Newman himself.
Jo also shares some memories of her experience with CJM MUSIC at Cofton Park (in Birmigham, England) from the day of the Papal Mass and beatification.
- This Day – Music by Jo Boyce & Mike Stanley from the Rejoice n Sing Collection
- Penitential Act from the Mass of St Bernadette (English) from Rejoice ‘n’ Sing Vol. 3 ~ Mass Settings for the Revised Translation
- Thy Word – by Amy Grant & Michael W Smith
- Bread of Life – by Jo Boyce & Mike Stanley (available on iTunes)
- Magnificat – by Jo Boyce (available on iTunes)
- Lead Kindly Light – Words by Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman (Sandon) from the EP Lead Kindly Light
- Firmly I Believe – Words by Blessed John Henry Newman, Music by Mike Stanley from the EP Lead Kindly Light
Information Regarding the Canonisation
The official Newman Canonisation website
Jo and the team will be playing at the Come & See Conference 2019 in Southport the weekend of the canonisation
We would love to hear from you
If you’d like to hear future podcasts, please subscribe. Also, if you have a moment, please rate our podcast on iTunes and write a brief review.
If you know someone who’d enjoy this episode, then please LIKE and SHARE, and we’d love to hear from you in the comments below…