In this episode Jo Boyce will be talking about Born for This – Our musical interpretation of the Stations of the Cross, which, over the past 20 years or so, has been a key part of the Lenten journey for more people than we can really begin to fathom.
One of those people is 20 year old, Hannah Kelly – who shares her wonderful memories and experience of being part of our Born for This cast for more than 10 years.
In this episode Jo Boyce shares a little bit of the story behind how Born for This came to be and her experience of writing the songs. Speaking with Jo, Hannah shares
- Her experience of being the youngest member of the cast
- Becoming a narrator and delivering the powerful Mercy Gate monologue
- Being moved and changed by the story of Christ’s Passion through the songs and narrative of Born for This
- Developing a love for acting and taking it up professionally
- What it means to her to be to help continue the work Mike Stanley began
- Pilate’s Song (I – Jesus before Pilate)
- Mercy Gate (IX Jesus Falls the Third Time)
- Walk Alone (II – Jesus Takes His Cross)
- Born for This Part 5 – (IV – Jesus Meets His Mother)
- Veronica’s Litany (VI – Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus)
- Father Forgive (XII – Jesus Dies on the Cross)
Listener Questions and Comments
Details of various Born for This presentations that listeners have submitted can be found in a separate post here.
We are sure there are many others productions taking place that we don’t know about, so feel free to share the details in the COMMENTS section below these episode notes.
Jo Boyce and the CJM Collective aren’t presenting Born for This in 2014, but they will be doing three special Songs of the Prodigal Concerts which will be wonderful evenings of music and reflection for Lent.
We would love to hear from you
If you’ve got a comment, question or reflection of your own to share for a future episode please leave us a voicemail by calling 01675 466 015 or visit our podcast question page.
If you’d like to hear future podcasts, please subscribe
Also, if you have a moment, please rate our podcast on iTunes and write a brief review.
Do you have details about Born for This performances happening this year to share or were you involved with the past CJM productions? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.